The Lake Champlain - Lake George Economic Development District is one of nine established Regional Planning Boards across New York State. The Board serves as a vital link between local communities & businesses and federal & state funding agencies. The Regional Planning Board system was created to streamline the process by which local communities apply for economic development grants. Programs address a wide range of services including economic development, transportation, community development, land use, water resources and small business development.
COVID-19 Economic Recovery
The LCLGPRB has been awarded a $400,000 grant from the U.S. Economic Development Administration for the creation of a 5-County Economic Recovery and Resiliency Plan and to provide technical assistance to municipalities and small businesses within the LC-LG Region.
See the full press release here.
Regional Economic Data
Small Business Administration Paycheck Protection Program Loans
In late July 2020, the SBA released data on the Paycheck Protection Loans that were provided throughout the nation. Loan information was provided in two ways:
- Loans over $150,000 included the name of the business loaned to but gave a range of the dollar amount loaned.
- Loans under $150,000 included the exact dollar amount loaned but did not include the business name loaned to.
The LCLGRPB aggregated the data provided to determine where loans were provided in the region and assess what industries within the region asked for the most assistance.
Note: For loans over $150,000, all loans were assumed to receive the average dollar amount within the given range.
Data derived from the Small Business Administration.
Recovery Assistance and Information
State and Federal Recovery Data
Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy
Ecomomic Development Plans
Economic Development Links
- North Country Regional Economic Development Council
- Adirondack Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Census Bureau
- Clinton County Development Corp
- Essex County IDA
- NYS Association of Regional Councils
- North Country Chamber of Commerce
- Warren County Economic Development
- Washington County Local Development Corp